What? My advice isn't good enough? - Day 11 of the April Platform Challenge

Posted by at in , , , , , ,

For today's April Platform Challenge, I’m to find a helpful article (or blog post) and share it with my social network(s). Robert did go on to say that the post should be relevant to my writing goals and shared as widely as I trod. I made the last part up. He actually said share in on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, at a minimum. Kinda makes you wonder if he had that in mind when he had the newbs set up their accounts earlier.  I’m cheating on this assignment. I’m linking back to my blogpost, that links to the “helpful” article. See, increasing my online presence already!

Standard Caveats Apply 

I chose one of my favorite sites, terribleminds. Chuck Wendig, proprietor and razor sharp, straight shooter has offered up many salty and earthy commentaries on the subject of writing. A word of warning, if you are easily offended (or have a shoulder surfer who you don’t care to have exposed to adult language), this isn’t the site for you. Chuck is direct, pointed, and hysterically funny. He has also been known to swear like a sailor from time-to-time.

In one of his recent posts (I had to double check and make sure it was recent), Chuck gives a list of “25 Reasons I Hate Your Main Character.” It’s an author’s guide to the reason their characters may fail. Some of these are intuitively obvious to the most casual observer (#’s 3 through 6) and some are not (8 & 9). Your mileage make vary. While you’re there, check out some of his other posts (A Long Look At “Show, Don’t Tell”How to Be a Full Time Writer, for starters) for more colorful insights.

0 comments

Post a Comment