Long absent … but not dead

Posted by at in , , , , , , ,

main_logoI’m afraid I’ve been infected with a case of the urgent overwhelming the important. My mundane job has been sucking up all my free time lately. Apologies for the long silence. I’d like to say that it won’t happen again. I’d like to say it, but I can’t. Like any habit, if your ignore it long enough you lose your edge; which makes it all the harder to recapture. So, what have I been up to?


It happens, I’ve gotten conformation that I’ll be appearing at the Baltimore Book Festival, Saturday, September 24th and 4:00PM. The Maryland Romance Writers have asked me to participate on their panel, Steampunk: Gear Up for Adventure!


I know, you may be saying, “Gee Paul, you don’t live in Baltimore or anywhere in Maryland. And, you’re not a Romance writer. How did you swing this gig?”

All true, however through the good folks over at writingsteampunk were gracious enough to invite me and I couldn’t accept fast enough. Thanks for the opportunity!


As you can well imagine, the topic will be centered around the writing genre of Steampunk. There are plenty of good articles online that give in-depth insight into this exploding niche. (Naturally I’ll be posting my on take on it shortly.)


There will be readings, including a bit of my WIP, The Order of the Silver Rose. I may even be dressed in appropriate attire. I’ll get pictures, it’ll be great!


Fellow panelists include Karen S. Garvin, Bill Gawne, Elektra Hammond, Lea Nolan and Laurel Wanrow.


If you live in the area, I hope to see you there!

0 comments

Post a Comment